17th August 2013
On Saturday, 17th of August 2013, South American musicians added to the wonderful cultural collage of the Rainbow Futures Superspirit camp.
- Bolivian, Milton Flores, presented a workshop on creating Andean melodies.
- Chilean exile, Jorge Morales, gave a talk about the Chilean New Song movement and presented songs by Victor Jara.
- Dilwyn Jenkins talked about his work with the Ashaninka tribe of Peru and the struggle for the tribe to maintain their way of life in the face of increasing outside threats.
- One-man-band Venezuelan troubador, Gerardo Osal, returned to delight people with his fantastic music.
- In the evening, Bolivian/Chilean band Rompiendo Fronteras [Breaking Boundaries], played along with Latino Mystic Folk group, Cloud Cuckoo.
For more information, please see the Rainbow Futures Superspirit website.